[Mageia-dev] Proposed Feature:UiAbstraction4mcc

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Jun 13 15:26:45 CEST 2012

[ When emailing to a mailing list, please don't respond to an existing
  message and change the subject. A lot of programs still group your
  message together with unrelated stuff. Almost missed this. ]

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 09:59:11PM +1000, Steven Tucker wrote:
> MCC is great, and I would love to be able to admin using it
> regardless of whether I am using text interface or gtk/qt. The
> interface is completely different in curses than gtk interfaces.
> Curses version is a second rate citizen, and Gui is all GTK. A lot
> of the tools are not available in curses interface, for instance, I
> don't see a way to install software or managing repositories. It
> would be nice to have qt version as well as gtk (not a major issue,
> but would be nice)

If MCC was in Qt, I wouldn't care. Only slightly mind that the gtk
version is not the latest.

> *Possible solution* I have thought how this could be addressed and
> feel that in the long term, the best solution would be to have the
> interface layer abstracted. So when developing a module, you use the

A few questions:
* Are you proposing to do the work?
* Do you have any experience developing in Yui?
* Did you try and port one module to this Yui library?

I noticed you put yourself as feature owner, so think above questions
are fairly reasonable.
--
Regards,
Olav