[Mageia-dev] Proposed Feature: Chrony as default NTP client

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 16:05:08 CEST 2012

Olav Vitters <olav at ...> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 06:30:46AM -0700, David Walser wrote:
> > As Fedora has done, the proposal to change the default NTP client to chrony:
> > https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:ChronyDefaultNTP
>
> Note that systemd has some deamon to control "NTP":
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated

Thanks for pointing that out, it's a new thing that I wasn't aware of.

Fedora has just added it to their ntp package:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=ntp.git;a=commitdiff;h=a05ddcca8f863e9d2585271207bad00da4b30e6f

We'll pull that change in the next time we update our ntp package and its
systemd unit file.

They also added it to chrony, which we'll get when we import it:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=chrony.git;a=commitdiff;h=f56b1f868382bd6c4a2774e39bb4d9004c79c953

I don't think anything needs to be added to the feature proposal page.

> Suggest MCC and so on make use of that as much as possible. If you
> agree, please add to feature page.

What changes would need to be made in MCC for this?