[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release nfs-utils-1.2.6-2.mga3

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:30:59 CEST 2012

Le 14/06/2012 00:30, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com> writes:

> [...]
>
>>> Some weird things happen with this and systemd...
>>> I had nfs server active. After update and reboot, I had no nfs server
>>> running.
>>> What do I have to add in systemd to get them working ?
>
> It seems the service are not enabled automatically at package install.
> Guillaume, is there any reason why you did not add any %_post_service
> scriptlet for all these new systemd units?
Mainly because I still don't understand the exact relationship between
the 8 different services, some of them being apparently alternatives
nfs-secure-server.service vs nfs-server.service), other very specifics
services (nfs-rquotad.service). So, the basic idea of automatically
enabling the service of any installed package, because installing it
usually denote the intent of using it, doesn't match very well here.
Especially since the merge of clients and server packages.

Also, I have no idea about how to handle the mismatch between the old
sysinit service scripts (one for all clients service, one for all server
services) during the upgrade, for already configured services.

--
The first bug to land on your clean windshield will always splatter
right in front of your eyes