[Mageia-dev] bug in urpmi-proxy

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:18:57 CEST 2012

hi,

since nowhere is specified where to report bug for urpmi-proxy, i'll
send a mail to the list.

i always get 404 errors when trying to fetch a file. my tests are
performed with the following command:

    $ wget -O- http://127.0.0.1/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info/MD5SUM
    --2012-06-17 13:18:00-- http://127.0.0.1/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info/MD5SUM
    Connexion vers 127.0.0.1:80...connecté.
    requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse...404 Not Found
    2012-06-17 13:18:00 ERREUR 404: Not Found.

here is my config file, trimmed to show only active lines:

    # perl -nE 'print unless /^($|#)/' /etc/urpmi-proxy.conf
    $sources = [
            'http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia',
    ];
    $debug = 1;

first, setting $debug = 1 doesn't make urpmi-proxy debug logs to go in
/var/log/httpd/error_log. it would be wise to have all debug go
somewhere else, either in messages or even in a private urpmi-proxy log
file.

so, i've used some printing to tmp file to get some more information.
and i found that at line 310, urpmi-proxy is using $source . $file as
the url of the file to fetch with curl. however, printing this source
shows the following url:

    http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info/MD5SUM

==> definitely a problem, hence a 404.

regards,