[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release libbsd-0.3.0-4.mga3

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Sun Jun 17 22:21:12 CEST 2012

(@shlomif, sorry for double post, I sent the previous one from an
unsubscribed address)

06.06.2012 21:50, shlomif kirjoitti:
> Name        : libbsd                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 0.3.0                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 4.mga3                        Build Date: Wed Jun  6 20:50:30 2012
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: ecosse.mageia.org
> Group       : Development/C                 Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 105088                           License: BSD and ISC and Copyright only and Public Domain
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : shlomif <shlomif>
> URL         : http://libbsd.freedesktop.org/
> Summary     : Library providing BSD-compatible functions for portability
> Description :
> libbsd provides useful functions commonly found on BSD systems, and
> lacking on others like GNU systems, thus making it easier to port
> projects with strong BSD origins, without needing to embed the same
> code over and over again on each project.
>
> shlomif <shlomif> 0.3.0-4.mga3:
> + Revision: 256602
> - Correct the devel package Group
> - Correct the group
> - Bump the release
> - Fix the man pages globs
>
>   + kamil <kamil>
>     - imported package libbsd

We already have a libbsd.a from glibc. This package will cause software
being linked with "-lbsd" to be linked against libbsd.so of libbsd
package instead of libbsd.a of glibc.

Why do we need this?

We need to either rename or drop one of them (libbsd or libbsd.a from
glibc), otherwise this will cause bad linking behavior.

I raised this originally in my libbsd.spec review at
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2012-April/014102.html

I hope the other points in the above review have been addressed (haven't
checked yet).

--
Anssi Hannula