[Mageia-dev] bug 2317 revisited: --update option should behave like --search-media

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:21:12 CEST 2012

> actually, it doesn't need to be.
>
> you already test twice before validating updates, right?
>
> so, there's 2 options:
>
> - testing i586 with backports enabled
> - testing x86_64 without backports enabled
>
> this is still 2 tests, and this is sufficient.

QA backports testing procedure has not yet been agreed, we can't really
without knowing what packager policy is and that is not even close yet.
They will be our lowest priority though obviously.

It is very likely we will test backports the same as an update. ie. i586
and x86_64.

In the case where an update has a tainted build we test the tainted
build x86_64 and i586 aswell as the core build x86_64 and i586.

Your suggestion adds further complexity and work to a team already
swamped and struggling to cope, this without backports even being open.
That is not sustainable. It would be remiss of me to pretend otherwise,
sorry.

We would be using a workaround for the solution to the workaround for
the bug.

There has to be another solution..

Claire