[Mageia-dev] mgarepo, svn and working from external debian server

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 22 11:08:32 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 22/06/12 04:03 did gyre and gimble:
> As someone who have a limited uplink bandwith and originally planed
> to work on a package which have almost a gigabyte of sources, I
> thought that maybe I can circumvent this by using my external Debian
> server to upload the huge sources, so as to avoid using a hole day of
> uploading using mgarepo.
>
> so I checked out the package on Debian using svn co, but the sources
> wasn't checked out.
>
> So how do I use svn on Debian (and not on Mageia/Mandriva) to
> checkout and checkin the SOURCES, and not just the sha1, and the
> specfile?

You can use wget to download the sources (can't remember the URL but the
path is just the sha1 and I think it's sometimes displayed when updating
a package), but I think you need to have ssh to upload new sources (I'm
not 100% sure how the upload works tho', so it
could be some other mechanism).

Either way is there any specific reason you can't just use mgarepo on
your debian box?

It'll make keeping the sha1 file and the upload itself in sync a bit
easier so I'd try and make it work if I were you.

Col.