[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 22 14:58:35 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 22/06/12 12:36 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 22/06/2012 12:00, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> 'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 22/06/12 10:18 did gyre and
>> gimble:
>>> Strangely enough, I was not able to log in anymore in gdm. The log
>>> doesn't bring much information:
>>>
>>> Jun 22 10:01:10 localhost gdm-password][4225]:
>>> pam_succeed_if(gdm-password:auth): requirement "user ingroup
>>> nopasswdlogin" not met by user "guillaume"
>>> Jun 22 10:01:25 localhost gdm-password][4225]:
>>> pam_tcb(gdm-password:auth): Authentication failed for guillaume from
>>> (uid=0)
>>>
>>> Login in tty was OK, tough, so I'd rather incriminate gdm pam
>>> configuration.
>>
>> GDM here is fine for me.
>>
>> Anything special in your gdm pam configs? Or even in the system-auth pam
>> file?
> Yes, I'm using pam_mount to automatically mount my encrypted home
> directory. But given that it is handled in system-auth, and that other
> kind of login works, I'm sceptic.

Well I'm somewhat sceptical too, but I'd still like to work out why it
fails for you.

I would imagine it works for TV tho' I don't know for certain if the two
machines he referred to run a DE or not.

Any chance you can test with a dummy user or manually mount your home
first and disable the pam_mount just to rule it out?