[Mageia-dev] bug 2317 revisited: --update option should behave like --search-media

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 20:46:08 CEST 2012

andre999 wrote:
> For backports, there is the understanding that in addition to being
> tested by QA (after initial packager and end-user tests), that the
> packager would commit to providing security updates as necessary.  This
> is much more than "no support at all", as happened with mdv backports.

I hope this point is clear to everyone before we open backports.  As most of you probably know, I keep a watchful eye on security updates and
file bugs and build some updates for things that need security fixes in Cauldron and the released, supported versions of Mageia.  This takes a
lot of time, and I have no intention of adding backports to the list of versions I track.  If you backport a package, *you* are responsible for
monitoring that package for any needed security updates and providing them as necessary.