[Mageia-dev] Backports Summary

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Jun 27 09:56:10 CEST 2012

AL13N a écrit :
> Op dinsdag 26 juni 2012 23:15:16 schreef Sander Lepik:
>
>> 26.06.2012 22:25, Thomas Backlund kirjutas:
>>
>>> * backports is supported as long as the rest of the release
>>>

>>> Comments? Questions ?
>>>
>> I think we should change the wording from "supported" to "tested". Currently
>> we can "support" backport with a newer version of the backport. But i don't
>> think it's a wise move to mark backports repo as an updates repo. So i
>> don't see how we can _support_ backports. And QA has no time to deal with
>> updates for backports (i mean to search for security holes in backports).
>> But this can be discussed tomorrow.
>>
> i agree, this is only a wording change, but is imho substantially different
> from complete support, which is impossible.

Or we could say "partially supported", or "low-priority support".
Since the support is more than just testing.
Nominally, it is almost as much as regular packages, but with a lower
priority.

(Some might argue that we don't offer "complete" support for regular
packages, as we don't garantee a response within 24 hours.)

--
André