[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 27 11:52:38 CEST 2012

Thierry Vignaud skrev 27.6.2012 11:55:
> On 27 June 2012 08:11, AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:

>> can we have another talk of bug 2317? to find people willing to make a new
>> patch that's quite more complex?
>>
>> ideally bug 2317 should be fixed before backports opens
>
> No, it's not related since you can't garanty that every user will get the update
> prior to use backports.
> So there's no need to rush...

Well, its no need to rush it "for backports" as we wont do any linking
/checking for that (since we dont have any update applet for that either)

But it's absolutely _critical_ to get it done for managing current
/updates as the amount of extra work to check deps and link them are
insane...

At the rate we are linking stuff to updates tree it will soon be
almost like:

pushd media/core/release
for pkg in *.rpm; do ln $pkg ../updates/$pkg;done
popd

And comparing with mdv and their linking they have it easy...

As only /main is supported they only have to check that,
wich means:
~ 2950 srpms
~ 7600 rpms

Compare that to our /core:
~ 9970 srpms
~ 19340 rpms

Then we have /nonfree to cover (as mdv non-free)

Then we have /tainted
(mdv didn't need to think about that either as that was plf)

So as a carrot (or a whip) to get someone to try to fix #2317,
one could say "it needs to be fixed before opening backports"

--
Thomas