[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 27 12:29:35 CEST 2012

Thierry Vignaud skrev 27.6.2012 13:09:
> On 27 June 2012 11:52, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
>> So as a carrot (or a whip) to get someone to try to fix #2317,
>> one could say "it needs to be fixed before opening backports"
>
> No it's still orthogonal: not every people will have installed the needed
> updates packages...

Well, technically yes, but as the purpose of this "carrot" is exactly
"if user want to get backports repos opened" then "user need to help
fix #2317 (or help find someone that can)" :)

Point is that we are slowly killing QA, wich means at some point it will
stop working -> we might as well stop doing releases.

And people are also dreaming of LTS, wich with current resources
will never happend.

So we _really_ need to help QA minimize their workload as much as
possible.

--
Thomas