[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:18:43 CEST 2012

On 27/06/12 12:13, AL13N wrote:
>> 2012/6/27 Sander Lepik<sander.lepik at eesti.ee>:
>>> I still don't understand where's the big problem if we enable release
>>> media for updates.
>>> It's not updated, so it shouldn't slow down updating too much. Hardware
>>> that can run DEs
>>> today should have no problems with release media enabled for updates. QA
>>> is proposing this
>>> solution again and again. Is this really that hard to change?
>
> Don't forget that upgrades work similarly.
>
>> The _simplest_ solution (conceptually speaking) would be to use a
>> condition which would enable release media for updates _if_ one or
>> more of the dependancies cannot be found in the updates media.
>> But I guess that it's not that simple in the code if it still has not
>> been considered otherwise than conceptually.
>
> I think the simplest solution (code-wise) is to make sure that where-ever
> you're looking for dependencies, is to have strict requires so that it
> will always get the correct one.

That would have no effect. If the any recursive require was in Release
media, it would fail. It includes if a Tainted package recursively
requires something from Core Release.

Plus if there is an added suggest that has recursive requires in Release
media then an upgrade will also fail, we recently found.

Claire