[Mageia-dev] Backports Summary

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Jun 27 16:47:03 CEST 2012

nicolas vigier a écrit :

>>> No.
>>> as the update applet currently works it would show the backport as
>>> an update even if you dont have an earlier backport installed,
>>> defeating the purpose of having separate /updates vs /backports
>>>
>> This is conditional on first modifying the update tools, as suggested next.
>> A backport should only update an already installed backport.
>> (Similarly for nonfree and tainted, if that is not already the case.)
>>
> We should not change the behaviour of medias tagged as update repo. If
> we want a different behaviour for backports then we should tag those
> medias as backport, not update.

The idea is, once the tools are appropriately adjusted, to tag the
backport repos as update media, as in rpmdrake.  But alternately we
could get the update tools to automatically treat backport repos as
update media for backports.
The concept is that backports would be presented for update along with
other updates.  Backport updates would only replace backports, but
backports could be replaced by regular updates, if the version is equal
or higher.

--
André