[Mageia-dev] Idea to fix "Way too many languages to choose from for spell checking in FF and TB" mga#6125

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:13:17 CEST 2012

Le 27 juin 2012 08:16, "Marja van Waes" <marja11 at xs4all.nl> a écrit :

> On 27/06/2012 01:38, n54 at gmx.com wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have got an idea to fix this bug with a new drak tool (DrakSpell?). It
>> would be an assistant with a list of all available languages with all
>> their variants to select and install. And the trick: it will install a
>> package (like hunspell-en) and remove (rm -f) the unselected dicts
>> (en_CA, en_GB ...).
>>
>> This seems to be against rules.. but would be a solution. And this seems
>> to be much better than producing (and maintaining!) 1000 packages with
>> single dicts.
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> Sounds great, I'm willing to test :)
>
> As a workaround for now, can we just remove all
>
> /usr/share/hunspell/*.aff
> /usr/share/hunspell/*.dic
>
> except for the ones we want to keep?

I would like to delete these disctionnaries but i do nt know how, i have 16
varietés of english and i found only a couple of files for english. I think
en and en_ca , i am not 100% sure because i am not at home now.
However, if there is a solution to delete manualy the dictionnaries , it is
fine for me.