[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 28 10:21:10 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 27/06/12 22:21 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 09:31:44PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> Never really tried making a plot quickly after booting, but 8min should
>> be enough to have every service started.
>
> Due to mysqld/mariadb not starting
>
> Loads of repeating messages in the logs:
> Jun 27 21:56:03 bkor systemd[1]: mysqld.service holdoff time over,
> scheduling restart.
> Jun 27 21:56:03 bkor systemd[1]: Job pending for unit, delaying
> automatic restart.

Hmm, interesting. MySQL starts fine here.

> I uninstalled mariadb and it went through. Before that tried a chkconfig
> mysqld off, but that didn't seem to help.

MySQL has a native systemd unit so you should have done "systemctl
disable mysqld.service". Once a native unit exists the enabled/disabled
status of the sysvinit script is irrelevant.

As a side note, how was your keyboard layout and do you have a
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf file?

Just FYI, having spoken to Lennart, the plan is to write a patch for
systemd-localed that will allow us to force a sync of locale settings
(and thus write the above Xorg snippet) to ensure everyone gets the
right keymapping. We will trigger this functionality on upgrade. This is
currently the only thing holding me back from pushing this. I'll try and
find time to write such a patch at the weekend.

Cheers