[Mageia-dev] Idea to fix "Way too many languages to choose from for spell checking in FF and TB" mga#6125

n54 at gmx.com n54 at gmx.com
Thu Jun 28 21:16:53 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Guillaume Rousse
Sent: 06/28/12 10:34 AM
To: Mageia development mailing-list
Subject: Re: [Mageia-dev] Idea to fix "Way too many languages to choose from for spell checking in FF and TB" mga#6125

 Directly removing file on the system installed by rpm will break rpm assumption than its DB content should match actual filesystem.  Ah, I was affraid of this. So we cannot break the filesystem.

 There is also an additional solution: stop following Fedora and so stop installing symlinks (like "en_US" -> "en_X1", "en_X2", "en_X3" etc). This solution can reduce language variants for most (IIRC all) of languages to 1,2 or 3 dictionaries.