[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 29 01:35:00 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 26/06/12 12:41 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 26/06/2012 11:27, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> Therefore, I'd hope this is just a product of me not rebuilding
>> everything under the sun for new udev...
>>
>> That's my current guess... :)
> ...and the winner is....(heavy rolling drum sound)... invalid keyboard
> mappings. I'd say some udev rule is just missing, but what is puzzling
> me is that only X display is affected, whereas TTY display is OK.
>
> How are keyboards mapping managed nowadays ?

Right I think I sussed it.

It seems it's done via mageia-setup-keyboard in x11-server-keyboard.

It detects when it's not run via udev, and calls udevadm trigger to
import the keyboard settings into the udev database which are
subsequently read by evdev etc. when loading.

In the new systemd the path to udevadm has changed. In order to fix
things up for now, I've added a compat symlink to it's old path such
that external calls using the full path still succeed.

I've just submitted a new systemd build to updates_testing.

Can users please try deleting the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf
file and rebooting to make sure the keymap is set correctly (especially
in the DM if you are using Gnome as user-specific settings may override
the initial defaults).

Assuming I get confirmation that this is OK, I'll submit this tomorrow.