[Mageia-dev] ANN: kernel-3.3-rc6 landing on Cauldron...

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sun Mar 4 17:25:35 CET 2012

Hi,

This is just a headsup...

As we will ship Mageia 2 with kernel 3.3 I'm currently in progress of
pushing 3.3-rc6 to the mirrors, starting with kernel-linus and then
later tonight the default kernel so all can start testing it...

I dont expect much trouble with it as it upstream changes has slowed
down, and to quote Linus: "In fact, it's been calm enough that this
*might* be the last -rc, but we'll see how the upcoming week goes."

But anyway, regressions can always happend so you can keep the latest
3.2.9-2.mga2 on your systems until you are sure the 3.3 series works for
you...

Have fun...

--
Thomas