[Mageia-dev] BS broken ?

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun Mar 4 19:16:21 CET 2012

On Saturday, March 03, 2012 12:13:14 PM Pascal Terjan wrote:
> > I am afraid I would have to redo about 300+ pear package specs this close
> > to the version freeze. I do not have the time for this.
>
> That's very annoying as it means we depend on external system to be
> able to rebuild the package if we need for any reason (like security
> updates).
> I hope this does not include any compiled module as it may be licence
> violation if some are GPL and we don't have the sources.
>
> > What has changed in the last week on the BS? Was does this change fix?
>
> I am not aware of any change.

The last successful build went through Feb. 10, 2012. I haven't upgraded and
built any after that date until last weekend when they all failed to build.
I would have to change 80+ packages that are now using the pear type spec. I
don't have the bandwith to do that.

The message I get is this:

Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
Parsing of package.xml from file "/var/tmp/pearwYoowh/package.xml" failed
Cannot initialize '/home/iurt/rpm/SOURCES/Horde_Itip-1.0.7.tgz', invalid or
missing package file
Package "/home/iurt/rpm/SOURCES/Horde_Itip-1.0.7.tgz" is not valid
install failed.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler