[Mageia-dev] BS broken ?

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Mar 6 03:33:32 CET 2012

On Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:42:49 AM Thomas Backlund wrote:
> 04.03.2012 20:16, Thomas Spuhler skrev:
> > The last successful build went through Feb. 10, 2012. I haven't upgraded
> > and built any after that date until last weekend when they all failed to
> > build. I would have to change 80+ packages that are now using the pear
> > type spec. I don't have the bandwidth to do that.
> >
> > The message I get is this:
> >
> > Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
> > Parsing of package.xml from file "/var/tmp/pearwYoowh/package.xml" failed
> > Cannot initialize '/home/iurt/rpm/SOURCES/Horde_Itip-1.0.7.tgz', invalid
> > or missing package file
> > Package "/home/iurt/rpm/SOURCES/Horde_Itip-1.0.7.tgz" is not valid
> > install failed.
>
> Well, you better start fixing the packages...
>
> Maybe you can download & fix it in the specs only to save bw....
>
> Anything building on BS must build with only official mageia repos...
>

> Otherwise we wont know what ends up in the packages.
>
> --
> Thomas

Thomas:

Many of the pear packages require to have the pear-cahnnel installed. Most of
the horde require it. It's not installing a package.
We are not the only one, fedora folks do it too:
http://nb.fedorapeople.org/horde-reviews/php-horde-Horde-Http.spec

BuildRequires:  php-channel(pear.horde.org)

installing this package needs to add pear-channel-horde. If it doesn't the
package doesn't build.
They do not even use a pearized specification.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler