[Mageia-dev] libtorrent / rtorrent versions, revert to stable?

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Wed Mar 7 17:10:32 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:27:26PM +0200, Anssi wrote in
<4F577E5E.5080002 at mageia.org>:
>Hi!
>
>kharec updated our libtorrent to 0.13.0 two weeks ago. Wally updated
>rtorrent shortly after that as they are released in pairs.
>
>However, 0.13.0 (and rtorrent 0.9.0) are the unstable versions, as per
>http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/
>
>Stable ones are 0.12.9/0.8.9.
>
>I'm in favor of reverting back to the stable versions for mga2, but I'm
>not insisting in it if other people disagree. Or is there are a specific
>reason to have the unstable ones?
>
>And what do other people think?
>
>Stormi is the rtorrent pkg maintainer.

Hi,

Stormi grabbed maintainership of this package at my request (as I'm his
padawan). I'm also in favour of reverting to the previous stable version
unless kharec or wally had strong movating reasons for making this change,
but I didn't see it in their commit messages, nor do I see anything
pressing on the rtorrent site after a quick glance.

Thanks,

Remmy