[Mageia-dev] Release_blocker bugs

Manuel Hiebel manuel at hiebel.eu
Wed Mar 7 21:43:51 CET 2012

Hello,

How can we (the bugsquad or other people) determinate what can be a
release_blocker bug ?

in the triage guide we can see:

"The release_blocker priority is only relevant to bugs filed on Cauldron
or beta releases, and should only be used for issues which are
sufficiently critical that it would severely impair the overall quality
of a release if it were made available without the issue being
resolved."

That is not clear for me. And the only mail relating to that, was from
Anne in May and not useful for me.

So what about for release blockers:
An default installed soft not working out of the box ?
Any soft that cannot be launched ?
Issue that a lot people can have ?
something other ?

Comments is welcome, thanks

BTW: The current one are:
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?priority=release_blocker&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
And related to trackers (also set to release blocker)
https://bugs.mageia.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1994&hide_resolved=1