[Mageia-dev] Deprecating startx

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 8 10:40:57 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Wolfgang Bornath at 08/03/12 08:24 did gyre and gimble:
> 2012/3/8 Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Juan Luis Baptiste at 07/03/12 23:45 did gyre and gimble:
>>>>

>>> Don't worry, no one has said that it shouldn't :), but it's clear
>>> there's a confusion as you have seen, many people understood that
>>> systemd would come as an alternative to mga2 and sysvinit as default,
>>> and systemd as default in mga3. I also remember reading last year this
>>> but never the change of plans, maybe it was decided on the meetinfgs,
>>> but as I can't attend to them because of the schedule I missed the
>>> announcement.
>>
>> Well that's just the thing, I don't see it as a change... As far as I'm
>> concerned I've always been targeting a systemd-by-default mga2.
>
> I thought as well that this will be the case.
>
> Related question:
> Just started updates and urpmi asks me to select either
>  - systemd-sysvinit or
>  - sysvinit-legacy
> for installation. I suppose when using systemd I should install
> systemd-sysvinit, right?

Yup! This should have happened earlier (in fact I thought it was already
asking you that but with the sysvinit package called just "sysvinit" but
it seems we needed to rename it to get urpmi to really do the right thing.

Due to the vendor list, it should prefer the systemd version and thus
pick it by default for you or use it without question if you pass --auto.