[Mageia-dev] Mageia support for GMA 3600 (Cedar Trail Atom)

tux99-mga at uridium.org tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 8 10:52:46 CET 2012

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, David W. Hodgins wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:00:38 -0500, <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 tux99-mga at uridium.org wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >> I just tried Mageia 2 beta 1 on a Intel DN2800MT board hoping that it
> >> would have framebuffer support for the GMA 3600, but the attached
> >> monitor goes into standby (no signal) as soon as the frame buffer gets
> >> activated during boot.
>
> Try disabling kms by adding either nokmsboot or modeset.i915=0 to
> the kernel options.
>
> Regards, Dave Hodgins

Thanks but neither nokmsboot nor i915.modeset=0 make much of a
difference. With nokmsboot I get the mageia splash screen for a second
or too (I wasn't seeing that before), but after that the monitor still
goes into standby. i915.modeset=0 has no effect.

The following Meego ISO works fine with this mobo (both kms and xorg):
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.2.0/images/meego-netbook-ia32-cedartrail/

Also Centos 6.2 boots fine to runlevel 3 without disabling anything
(probably because the Centos 6.2 kernel doesn't have any support for the
GMA3600).