[Mageia-dev] lighttpd and others now require apache

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Thu Mar 8 14:49:27 CET 2012

On 08.03.2012 14:43, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> On 08.03.2012 14:33, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> 08.03.2012 13:48, kamil kirjoitti:
>>> Name        : rutorrent                    Relocations: (not
>>> relocatable)
>>> Version     : 3.4                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> [...]
>>> kamil<kamil>  3.4-2.mga2:
>>> + Revision: 221417
>>> - fix a requirement and use now apache (apache-conf is obsoleted by
>>> apache)
>> WTF, so e.g. lighttpd requires apache now? Isn't that a bit strange?
>>
>> (rutorrent only required 'apache-conf' for the apache user, and I guess
>> the same was true for lighttpd)
>>
> From the Apache .spec:

> Name:       apache
> (...)
> Obsoletes:  apache-conf"
* Thu Sep 01 2011 guillomovitch <guillomovitch> 2.2.20-2.mga2
+ Revision: 137745
- merge apache-conf and apache-base, to reduce dependencies hell
- rework dependencies to a comprehensive model: apache is an empty
package, requiring the configuration, the modules and an engine
- rework post/preun scripts to use 'service httpd condrestart'
- ensure post/preun dependencies consistency with post/preun scriptlets
- simplify macros mess
- stop preventing initscript to be localized