[Mageia-dev] Deprecating startx

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Thu Mar 8 14:58:49 CET 2012

Le jeudi 8 mars 2012 03:08:03, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> This is why I give far less credence to "old habits" and "how it's been
> done in the past" and much more to "what would my mum expect" or "what
> would a novice computer user expect".

I understand why you want to remove startx and I agree. But a lot of people
dont't read this mailing list.
My suggestion is to put in /usr/bin/startx

#!/bin/sh
echo "startx is deprecated, use instead kdm or gdm or lxdm...."
echo "More informations on http://......"

Then old linux users will be not not lost... for Mageia.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org