[Mageia-dev] xonotic and nexuiz

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Mon Mar 12 03:24:28 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Charles A Edwards <CAE at eslrahc.com> wrote:
> Is it intentional that we package/provides both xonotic; the
> successor, and nexuiz "classic"; now owned by IllFonic and being
> compl
etely rewritten for a different engine?

Both are now completely different games, xonotic is not compatible
with nexuiz servers, is still in a very early stage of it's
development and has a really small community compared to Nexuiz. Also
Nexuiz "classic" development hasn't stopped, there have been efforts
by it's community to continue development from the last GPL release
(2.5.2), and since some time there's been a 2.5.3 unoffcial
pre-release floating around[1].

So, to answer your question, Xonotic wont ever replace Nexuiz, they
have become two different games.

[1] http://eatseakittens.com/forum/server-details-maps-settings-bans-etc/unofficial-nexuiz-2-5-3-release

Cheers,
--