[Mageia-dev] Pulseaudio push vs version freeze

Anne nicolas ennael at mageia.org
Mon Mar 12 22:59:29 CET 2012

Hi there

After all discussions about pulseaudio that happened on IRC and on this
mailing-list, we had to take a decision about submitting or not this new
version. Version freeze is a MUST to follow to be able to release stable.
We know it's hard to stop updating software and focus on bug fixing while
development of these softwares do not stop upstream.

Anyway Colin gave some details about the reasons why we should submit it.
There was discussion during council meeting tonight and finally here is the
plan: pulseaudio is submitted tonight, it will be included in beta2 and it
will be tested until 26/03. Colin will provide documentation to help tests.
If we see regression in between, then it will be reverted.

Cheers

--
Anne
http://www.mageia.org