[Mageia-dev] freeze push mgaonline

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:02:07 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 01:10, Anssi Hannula <anssi at mageia.org> wrote:
> 15.03.2012 22:07, Dan Fandrich kirjoitti:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 03:25:40PM +0100, n54 at gmx.com wrote:
>>> * stop using Mandriva URLs and replace them by www.mageia.org (mga#1590)
>>> * replace Mandriva strings by Mageia in gnome-mandrakeonline.desktop
>>> * replace MIME Type application/x-mdv-exec by application/x-mga-exec
>>
>> Replacing Mandriva -> Mageia in user-visible text makes sense, but what
>> exactly is the MIME type used for? If the underlying data format hasn't
>> changed (whatever it is), then this isn't something that should really be
>> modified, any more than renaming image/vnd.microsoft.icon to something
>> else.
>
> +1, we shouldn't change the MIME type here.

Agreed. But it's not that important now: this code portion was a
prototype at the time, has not been used/tested for years (no Kiosk
server serving application/x-mdv-exec since Dec. 2006), and this MIME
type was created for this very use case.

Should we think about some sort of Web-based app store, we'd need to
redesign it from scratch and in a better, modular way (options are not
the same today).