[Mageia-dev] rpm db issues

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Mon Mar 19 15:48:04 CET 2012

I just tried updating to the latest cauldron and it installed two rpm related
packages (which I don't remember the names of), and now I get this when running rpm:

error: rpmdb: Thread/process 20439/140208847664896 failed: Thread died in
Berkeley DB library
error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
error: cannot open Packages index using db4 -  (-30974)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
unable to open rpmdb

I tried doing rpm --rebuilddb but that also gave the error.

It's been a while since I had rpm db issues so I can't remember how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Scott