[Mageia-dev] Package push request: oxygen-gtk and oxygen-gtk3

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Mar 19 17:37:38 CET 2012

>/  As oxygen is our default theme for gtk2 and gtk3, I think we should
/>/  mark these two packages as important packages, and push updated
/>/  version as soon as possible. Plus, the new versions fixed a nasty bug
/>/  that it will crash theme selector when changing from oxygen to another
/>/  theme. See:https://projects.kde.org/news/127

Actually,
oxygen-gtk2-1.2.2 is quite a disasters in terms of regressions, introduced by the attempt to fix all crashes with mga-applet, etc.
New crashes have been added, notably with mcc, during installation of rpms. So quite bad.
In fact, most of it have been fixed in oxygen-gtk2 master already.
And will be added to the oxygen-gtk2-1.2.3 release.
This one is scheduled for April 15 or so, which might be late.
I can make an "in-between" release for mageia if needed.
Otherwise I'd recommand to stick to 1.2.1, since there are more things (newly) broken than fixed, with 1.2.2
Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Hugo (oxygen dev)

/