[Mageia-dev] freez push clamav-0.97.4

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Mar 25 00:21:36 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Spuhler at 24/03/12 22:49 did gyre and gimble:
> On Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:36:06 PM Sander Lepik wrote:
>> On Mar 24, 2012 9:13 PM, "Thomas Spuhler" <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
>>> please push clamav-0.97.4
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Thomas Spuhler
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> --
>> Sander
> it's an upgrade from 0.97.4
> We need to provide the newest version of the antivirus package

This, by itself, is not a very good explanation.

If this is purely a definitions update then that's fine.
If this is a bugfix update that's probably fine too (depending on the bug)
If it's a new feature update then that likely won't make it.

People are all very busy. It only takes the person requesting the push a
minute or two to describe things properly. Please give your busy
colleagues the respect they deserve and provide good explanations to
save them having to spend time discussing and asking further questions.

We still don't really have enough information to decide on this one!

So please state whether it's just definitions or bugfix (and if so what
bugs) etc.