[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [226393] Migrate grub bootsplash params to new style: 'splash quiet' rather than 'splash=silent' (mga#3430)

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 10:14:41 CEST 2012

Em 25-03-2012 22:26, Luc Menut escreveu:
> using many distros on the same system is not so uncommon.

This is not the same. We are talking about using the same config file
for 2 distros.

> Is the installer chain load grub by default if another distro is already
> installed on the system? or does it add mga entries on the existing grub
> config?

Installer defaults to always adds grub to MBR.
It adds an entry that points to other Mageia config files :

title Mageia (Official)
root (hd0,6)
configfile /boot/grub/menu.lst

So here we do not share the same /boot/grub/menu.lst between distros.