[Mageia-dev] Removal of sun java

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:06:36 CEST 2012

Le 30/03/2012 09:58, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 29 March 2012 22:59, Pascal Terjan<pterjan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> perhaps we can obsolete it with one of those nonfree getters? (if security
>>> bug)
>>>
>>> or, maybe a package that gives an README.urpmi ...
>>>
>>> IMHO: i think obsoleting it is fine, but with a README.urpmi that says
>>> notifies
>>> that it's been obsoleted.
>>

>> Yes that seems the best solution to me
>
> We can do like RH&  Ubuntu, provides an empty package that explain sun doesn't
> enable us anymore to distribute it and that they've to install (&  update) it
> manually from sun.com
Why should we manage this case differently from other similar situations
? That's not the first time we remove something from the distribution,
because it is not supported anymore usually, and has known available
vulnerabilities.

--
Old and precious carpets weaken bowels and bladders.
		-- Jenning's Corollary Concerning Oriental Carpets and Pets