[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: libmbfl

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 14:49:34 CEST 2012

Thomas Spuhler wrote:
>> >David, can you please look at this again, it will not upgrade the way it
>> >is (downgrade)
>>
>> Thomas, it is my understanding that this is how it should work? That is,
>> downgrades should not be handled automatically in Cauldron. In the stable
>> release, you'd increase the epoch. In Cauldron, everyone affected has to
>> handle this manually as there we don't want to increase the epoch (which
>> would eventually trickle down into stable, and we want to avoid using an
>> epoch unless absolutely necessary).
>>
>> Just one of the downsides of running the development version on your
>> machine as I understand it.
>>
>> Remmy

Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear.  You need to install the libmbfl1-1.1.0-6.mga2 manually.

> It fixed the libmbfl problem.
> I still get this warning. Google only shows it for php-5.4 RC
>
> # pear list-upgrades
> PHP Warning:  can't find symbol in Unknown on line 0

Do we know where that is coming from?

Also, Thomas, I just saw in the changelog of the php update Oden just made in Cooker a message
about patching it to use system libzip (from fedora).  Since libzip currently has a security
vulnerability, can you add this patch if we don't already have it?