[Mageia-dev] KDE configuration file regressions

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 31 21:33:25 CEST 2012

On 03/31/2012 09:50 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Frank Griffin at 26/03/12 01:56 did gyre and gimble:
>> Sound volume keeps resetting to 1%
> This shouldn't be handled by any KDE config but by PulseAudio.
>
> Can you give any more info here?
I know too little about PA to know where to start.

The laptop has a built-in audio analog stereo and an RS780 HDMI Audio
(Radeon HD 3000-3300 Series) Digital Stereo.  The analog is the only one
that works at all, and it is the one that resets to 1%.

I can't swear what it is that causes the reset.  I'll test rebooting to
eliminate that (very often the only time I reboot the laptop is when
I've installed cauldron upgrades that recommend it), but if it's package
installation, I don't know how to reproduce it.

Thanks for the response.