[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 LiveCD contents...

Philippe DIDIER philippedidier at laposte.net
Tue May 1 00:16:02 CEST 2012

Donald Stewart a écrit :
> On 30 April 2012 18:08, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and You-Cheng Hsieh at 30/04/12 17:45 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Do we need oxygen-icon-theme in GNOME live-cd?

>>> enblend (I think one of the kipi-plugins needs it, though.)
>>> xscreensaver-gl
>>
>> enblend is likely used by hugin which was already removed, so maybe
>> should be OK to nuke too (not 100% sure tho')
> Pretty sure on this too, at least hugin is what has always pulled
> enblend for me.
>
> Schultz
>>
>> Col

I can confirm this :

I know quite well hugin (and panotools) and enblend : I've built nearly
a hundred of panoramas with this tools for 6 years ...

Enblend is only required by hugin which automatically creates the
command line to use it.
Sophie confirms that nothing else requires enblend !

Enblend is useless without a program that has stiched photos before
enblend itself blends them into one.
Enblend is hard to use by writing manually its command line...
(better let hugin do that)

It has no opensource GUI for linux and can't be applied to the
panoramas built with the deprecated "Panorama Tools Plugin" for Gimp or
with the pandora plugin for gimp (that has poor ability)

There's no reason to keep enblend alone after hugin has been removed (as
I suggested april 21st)
(same for libpano and libpano-tools that can be safely removed)

philippe