[Mageia-dev] List of packages on svn but not in the packages repository

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed May 2 05:34:34 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 02 May 2012 00:21, nicolas vigier wrote:
>or imported but never submitted.

I have a feeling that many packages are imported but not submitted because of the version freeze, and hence no packages should be submitted. But they may import them into svn and planing to submitt after the final release.
You should also keep in mind that there are many submittions that never builds, because the build fail for some reason. Hence no package is made and copied to the repository. And if the packager doesn't notice this, he would think all is fine.

>unless someone notice an error
>and think some of them should be resubmitted.

>mdv-youri-core
I would think this is a forgotten build.

>mdvsys
>fatback
Recently imported. Someone forgot to submit, the build failed or they are holding submittion untill after final release, is my theory.

>mplayerplugin
I depend on this to have non-flashbased webvideo working. Please resubmit

>ufoai-data
This is most surely a forgotten build. ufoai depends on it.

In my oppinion, these 5 listed packages should be resubmitted.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324