[Mageia-dev] RFT: x11-driver-video-intel-2.19.0-1.mga2

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed May 2 12:00:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

There is finally a new x11 driver for Intel that I'd
like to have for Mageia 2 final as it brings important
fixes especially for Sandy & Ivy bridge.

And to quote upstream release manager:
"More stability fixes for UXA and support for another variant
  of  IvyBridge. Given the severity of the stability fixes, I
  strongly recommend everybody to upgrade to 2.19.0."

Full changelog here:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2012-May/001943.html

But as we are this close to final release, we need testers to
see that it does not introduce regressions...

So, I'd like everyone that can and have Intel graphics to test:

x11-driver-video-intel-2.19.0-1.mga2

that is available in Core Updates Testing.

And report in this thread success/failure.

--
Thomas