[Mageia-dev] Error running sdhci_pci

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 15 16:37:27 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Simple . at 15/05/12 15:13 did gyre and gimble:
> 2012/5/15 Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Simple . at 15/05/12 14:57 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Now i have renamed sdhci_pci to sdhci-pci in modules.conf (since i saw
>>> that in other distros they were using sdhci-pci), and reboot, but for
>>> my surprise it contimed showing the exact same error:
>>>
>>> udevd[206]: Error running install command for sdhci_pci
>>>
>>> so the problem is somewhere else...
>>

>> You can call it either sdhci-pci or sdhci_pci, it doens't really matter.
>>
>> Also you mention modules.conf... strange, before we were talking about
>> modprobe.conf. modules.conf is very old config.
>
> Sorry, i wanted to say modprobe.conf.
>
>> You've not mentioned whether or not you've removed the --first-time command.
>>
>> Please can you confirm the full command now used and the location of the
>> file you've put it in.
>>

>> Helping you with support issues can be quite difficult at times, so
>> please respect the people who take time out to help you by providing
>> full and complete information, and do not follow tangential paths
>> without dealing with the initial suggestions or questions and clearly
>> reporting the outcome.
>
> Im not trying to desrespect no one.
>
> and i have even removed from modprobe.conf the lines:
>
> remove sdhci-pci /sbin/modprobe -r mmc_block; /sbin/modprobe
> --first-time -r --ignore-remove sdhci-pci
> install sdhci-pci /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install
> sdhci-pci && { /sbin/modprobe mmc_block; /bin/true; }
>
> and rebooted, and in boot i continued to get this errors:
>
> udevd[214]: Error running install command for sdhci_pci
>
> udevd[211]: Error running install command for sdhci_pci
>
> so now theres no sdhci-pci  or sdhci_pci  in modprobe.conf and it
> continues complaning.

The rule must exist somewhere in some other file then.

Check for backup files in /etc/modprobe.d/ or similar or just super
generically:

grep -r sdhci /etc/modprobe*

Perhaps this rule is being run from your initrd and thus after editing
the file you may have to regenerate your initrd as it obvious has to
contain static copies of modprobe rules.