[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 DVD 64bits install is broken

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu May 24 21:27:06 CEST 2012

Hi Simple

Le 2012-05-24 13:47, Simple . a écrit :
> 2012/5/24 Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>:
>> Hi Simple
>>
>> Le 2012-05-23 17:03, Simple . a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have burned the DVD 64bits iso into a USB pen disk and during the
>>> install i get this first problem:
>>>
>>>   Instalation failed, some files are missing:
>>>
>>> /tmp/image/media/core/telepathy-kde-common-internals-translations-0.3.0-1-mga2.noarch.rpm.
>>> You may need to update your urpmi databse.
>>> Try to continue anyway?
>>>
>>> and almost at the install i get another message saying there are 19
>>> transactions failed, severall tehepathy packages, kcm, module and
>>> severall x11-driver-video-* packages.
>>> Anyway i end the instalation, reboot and then it doesnt even appears
>>> KDM, but even if i login in cli and run startx continues not being
>>> possible to enter in X
>>>
>>> Another problem with the dvd iso, is that burning with dd doesnt put
>>> it bootable, doesnt appears to be hybrid.
>>>

>> At the point where it says "Install Mageia" and all the other choices, look
>> on the bottom for additional options, hit F6 and pick "No ACPI" and continue
>> as per normal with the installation.This may solve your problem.
>>

> If the problem was from there i wouldnt be able to boot the installer.
> The installer starts fine, and all goes fine untill the point i get the message:
>
>   Instalation failed, some files are missing:
> /tmp/image/media/core/telepathy-kde-common-internals-translations-0.3.0-1-mga2.noarch.rpm.
> You may need to update your urpmi databse.
> Try to continue anyway?
>
> and that package does exist, so the problem is about listed files in this iso.
>
> I just would like some one could try the DVD install and say whats happening.

I am writing from a DVD install downloaded from Mageia and burned onto a
DVD. I also did a SUM check and all was fine. I tried to install 3-4
times and I got the same messages as you. I then realized that,
depending on some boards you may need to install with "NO ACPI" (btw
this happened quite regularly with Mandriva".

Then install with "NO ACPI" on my machine went well and it was all
installed 20 minutes later with no hiccups.

Give it a try.

Cheers,

Marc