[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 DVD 64bits install is broken

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri May 25 03:27:22 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-24 20:16, Simple . a écrit :

>>> I am writing from a DVD install downloaded from Mageia and burned onto a
>>> DVD. I also did a SUM check and all was fine. I tried to install 3-4 times
>>> and I got the same messages as you. I then realized that, depending on some
>>> boards you may need to install with "NO ACPI" (btw this happened quite
>>> regularly with Mandriva".
>>>
>>> Then install with "NO ACPI" on my machine went well and it was all installed
>>> 20 minutes later with no hiccups.
>>
>> Thanks for the tip and clarification, since i was feeling quite alone
>> on this quest, almost like i was inventing something...
>> But i never had any problem in installig mandirva dvd´s but i will now
>> try with "No ACPI" to see if all goes well.

No problem.

> I did tried with "No ACPI" and when using after i enter to install the
> screen stays black and nothing more happens.

Hmm, maybe the installer is having problems with your monitor resolution
or your video card. How about on the bottom options, make sure the
resolution is F3->800x600 and then do F6->No ACPI and try install again.

> What makes me confusion is that until this release i never problems like this.

Yup. These things happen. Could you also send the motherboard and
videocard that you are using?

Cheers,

Marc