[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 DVD 64bits install is broken

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat May 26 02:07:24 CEST 2012

Hi Juergen,

Le 2012-05-25 09:14, Juergen Harms a écrit :
> Did you file a bug? - I think you should, because
> - the problem is reproducable on several installations (what do they
> have in common?)
> - Mageia should be installable by a newby, without the need to "fiddle
> with the NO ACPI option"
> - it is likely that some time some other user will be caught by the same
> problem, who might not find this thread.

I am assuming you are speaking to me (Marc).

No I did not file a bug as the installation of problem mobo's has
already been foreseen with the "Option" settings on the bottom of the
installation page.

I have also added a thread on the users' mailing list with the subject
line: ""NO ACPI" at install time may work for you"

Now that I think of it, should I guess I should leave a note on the forums.

Cheers,

Marc