[Mageia-dev] Suggestion of roadmap for kde on mageia once cauldron is reopened

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Sun May 27 10:44:38 CEST 2012

Στις 27/05/2012 16:33:07 Franklin Weng έγραψε:
>2012/5/27 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:
>>>
>>> KMail 4.11.x ??!!   I don't understand that numbering.
>> Sorry i mean kmail 4.4.11. & not kmail 4.11
>>
>>> Not available with Mageia-2?
>> It is not because kdepimlibs is not compatible anymore with kdepim 4.4.x.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Balcaen John
>
>Well, we all know that kmail (and perhaps some other kdepim softwares)
>are tragedies for now.  I'm not using KMail anymore and use gmail
>instead.  Now my question is that, will the KDE update policy in
>backports be still the same as before?
>
>I remember that when discussing if Mageia 1 would have KDE 4.7 in
>backports, the answer was no because that kdepim was too unstable.
>And my Mageia 1 box was stuck in KDE 4.6 even KDE now is advanced to
>KDE 4.8.x.  Nevertheless, I'd still like to say, to be honest it would
>not be a problem for daily users who would like to upgrade their KDE
>to new versions, since they should all know kdepim's status.
>
>For Mageia 2, again I'd like to ask, if we will have KDE 4.9 in
>backports after it releases in August?
>
>(Yes, I know that I can upgrade my KDE using cauldron.  But no, I
>don't consider to upgrade my box with cauldron... it is far too
>unstable than any version of kdepim.)
>

>Thanks,
>Franklin

I think that you have to give a second try to kmail. After 2 days i have solved the most of the problems, it remains a problem, it asks the imap password at every first startup, but i hope to solve it soon too.
In comparison with kmail1 it is very much faster, and even when deleting multiple mails .
I dont have any problem using it.

--
Dimitrios Glentadakis