[Mageia-dev] about ruby updates and some broken dependancies

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Mon Nov 5 14:45:10 CET 2012

On Monday 05 November 2012 12:58, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 01:47:09 +0100
> "Johnny A. Solbu" <cooker at solbu.net> wrote:
> > (I hope Shlomi still remember which ruby package needs to be listed as
> > BuildConflict.

>From what I recall, the ruby package that caused the build conflict was
> ruby-yardoc.

That sounded right, and gave me something to look for in my logs.
I just search my IRC logs, and we figured out it was «ruby-yard» which is the cuplrit, not yardoc.
You almost got it. :-)=

I see in the logs that me and Shlomi agreed that all ruby spec files should have «ruby-yard» listed as «BuildConflicts:» except for «ruby-haml» which have «ruby-yard» as buildrequires, and they all should have the items I pasted in my previous mail, in the spec's.

I still have the spec's I worked on then, so I just grepped, searching for the spec files where I had removed the doc packages.
Meaning, these are the packages that needs to be checked, and fixed. (I can help do that, now that I know which packages we need to check and what the proper fix is)
===
$ grep -L "Documentation for" ruby/*/SPECS/*spec | cut -f 2 -d /
ruby-faraday
ruby-fssm
ruby-mime-types
ruby-multipart-post