[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release slim-1.3.3-3.mga3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 6 10:19:50 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and blino at 05/11/12 22:38 did gyre and gimble:
> Name        : slim                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.3.3                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 3.mga3                        Build Date: Mon Nov  5 23:34:14 2012
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: jonund.mageia.org
> Group       : System/X11                    Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 235493                           License: GPLv2+
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : blino <blino>
> URL         : http://slim.berlios.de
> Summary     : Simple login manager
> Description :
> SLiM (Simple Login Manager) is a Desktop-independent graphical
> login manager for X11.
>
> It aims to be light and simple, although completely configurable
> through themes and an option file; is suitable for machines on which
> remote login functionalities are not needed.
>
> Features included:
>
> * PNG and XFT support for alpha transparency and antialiased fonts
> * External themes support
> * Configurable runtime options: X server, login / shutdown / reboot commands
> * Single (GDM-like) or double (XDM-like) input control
> * Can load predefined user at startup
> * Configurable welcome / shutdown messages
> * Random theme selection
>
> blino <blino> 1.3.3-3.mga3:
> + Revision: 314544
> - buildrequire freeglut-devel
> - add tmpfiles.d config file (from Fedora)
> - add systemd unit (from Fedora)
> - revert using consolekit's ck-launch-session for login_cmd (to drop consolekit dep, we will use systemd)

For what it's worth, I think the PAM changes are wrong here.

Systemd still needs the loginuid pam module (well, "very much prefers"
is perhaps better than needs) and I think the namespace one is still
needed too.

Might also be wise to keep the gnome_keyring one? Not 100% sure about
that tho'.