[Mageia-dev] ignoring drakperm Re: recent change in mageia wiki : calenco draktools

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 10 18:33:37 CET 2012

On 10/11/2012 18:06, PhilippeDidier wrote:
> Marja van Waes a écrit :

>> Found it in the changelog for drakconf:
>> http://sophie.zarb.org/rpms/db496e5b0c779fd6d04146c16db8c594/changelog

scroll down to:

>> Thu Jan 22 2009 Eugeni Dodonov <eugeni at mandriva.com>
>> 12.1-1mdv2009.1 + Revision: 332392 - Version 12.1 - 21 January
>> 2009, Eugeni Dodonov - removed entry for drakperm (now handled by
>> msecgui) - add support for msecgui - changed description for
>> draksec functionality
>>
>> Is drakperm as command line tool still usable and being used, or
>> should it have been obsoleted?

s/command line tool/tool that can be started from cli/

> Indeed... you're right there's no more any access to drakperm in
> the MCC ! and it's replaced now by MSEC GUI handling it
>
> I remembered  having used drakperm in old Mandriva until 2008.1 In
> the MCC of Mandriva 2008.1 we could still  access to it (see
> attached snapshot : it's the icon on upper right corner)
>
> and it disappeared in Mandiva 2010.1 (I never had to use it then
> and I didn't notice it was no more here)
>
> drakperm still exists and can be launched from a console as root...
> but I don't know if it's still useable... and useful ? I think MSEC
> may overwrite the modifications applied by drakperm

OK, thanks Philippe.

So there seems no need to write anything about it.

It is part of the drakxtools package, btw, I don't know why I thought
for a moment that it could be a separate package that could be
obsoleted, if it has indeed become useless.

@ tv

Do you agree with documentation team ignoring drakperm, or is the tool
still good and used?