[Mageia-dev] System policy prevents modification of network settings for all users

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Nov 14 19:55:16 CET 2012

I've been seeing this message every few minutes for the past week or
so (Cauldron on my netbook, BCM4313).  It request a password, but no
indication of what password.  I've tried the network password, the
root password and the user password.  All I ever get is a minute's
delay, then the same message and password request.  What went wrong
and how do I put it right?

I have a vague recollection of seeing a message that the Broadcom wifi
driver is already in the kernel - is this connected?

Anne