[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release libqwt-6.0.1-2.mga3

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Sun Nov 18 14:06:24 CET 2012

18.11.2012 13:43, Jose Jorge kirjutas:
> Le 18/11/2012 00:56, Sander Lepik a écrit :
>> 17.11.2012 23:57, zezinho kirjutas:
>>> Name        : libqwt                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
>>> Version     : 6.0.1                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
>>> Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Sat Nov 17 22:56:14 2012
>>>
>>> zezinho<zezinho>  6.0.1-2.mga3:
>>> + Revision: 319237
>>> - obsoletes qwt5
>> Next time please read or policy before doing something that stupid (or at least have a
>> *very* good reason) :) Revert-revert-revert!
>
> All this shots make me understand I did something stupid, but I don't see where : I
> followed the libs policy page.
> - libqwt package went to 6
> - Should I create a libqwt5 package?

You should NOT obsolete library that has different major (especially if there are packages
that depend on that older library).
Now to fix the mess:
    - create libqwt5 package
    - do not obsolete it with libqwt
    - rebuild all packages depending on libqwt (if they don't build with new version, switch
them to libqwt5)

--
Sander